Monday 15 March 2010

Lolo Monday/Lolo Lundi


Some of you were wondering about my origins, so I thought I would use this Lolo Monday to show you my fur family. I am an Oriental Lilac Tabby Point Siamese and my birth name was Emanuel van der Nessermolen because I was born in Holland - where my fur family still lives. This is me when I was a baby.


Here are a couple of pictures of my FurMom, Amanda. I look a lot like my my FurMom (except FurMom doesn't have the Oriental features I have which I must have gotten from my Dad, but I don't know what he looks like):



FurMom lives with my sister Engel (below on the left) and my uncle Daniel (below on the right) in Amsterdam.


As you can see, Engel (below right) doesn't look too much like me (she's a Chocolate Point Siamese), but Daniel (on the left below), who is an Oriental Seal Point Siamese, does have the long Oriental bones...he is very long, indeed!


I don't see my family at all, but because their beans also have a house in the Czech Republic, my bean Mom sees them when they come to stay in the summer. I always know whenever FurMom, Engel and Daniel are near because bean Mom will come home covered with their fur and smelling faintly of my kittenhood.

14 comments:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

"Smelling faintly of kittenhood" sounds terribly nostalgic, Lautrec!

A ll your relatives are beautiful!

Cat with a Garden said...

It was great getting to know your family. How wonderful that your mommy is still in contact with them. And that baby photo - adorable!

My Mind's Eye said...

Lautrec,
What a darling kitty you were...all ears...and what a HANDSOME mancat you became. Your family is full of handsome genes. You certainly do favor your Mom. Thanks so much for sharing your background with us.
Madi and Mom

The Meezers or Billy said...

you should haf heard the SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE that camed from our the mom when she saw your baby pikshur!

My Mind's Eye said...

Lautrec...my little pink nose is blushing after reading you kind words...Madixoxoxoxox

Brian's Home Blog said...

You have quite a beautiful family!

SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Lautrec, we really enjoyed learning about your origins and meeting some of your furfamily.

Anonymous said...

Lautrec...you were such a CUTIE~PA~TOOTIE! And you've grown to become such a handsome mancat! Thanx for sharing your furfamily with us. They are beautiful. We see where your good looks came from. And thanx for coming to King and Pandora's pawty over the weekend!

The Crew said...

Oh my goodness...how cute were you?!

That's nice that you get to smell you catmom. We don't get to do that.

Jacqueline said...

We love this post!...You were such an adorable kitty and how you are such a handsome mancat; your FurFamily is gorgeous and you look a lot like your FurMom!...Thanks for sharing your background story, we are so glad you and Tiny are our friends!...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Jacqueline said...

We went through some of your February posts and left comments; we really love your blog, you guys are doing a great job!...We enjoy visiting with you both!...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Annie Bear said...

What a cute baby you were, Lolo! Your mom is so pretty and you look so much like her. It was fun to see your family. What a gorgeous brood you belong to! Of course, you're gorgeous yourself so it all make sense. :)

Purrs,
Lucy

Kitty McCormack said...

Oh what a cute kitten photo! It's so nice to see pictures of your family but it's not fair that you can't see them when your Mummy visits. xxx

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Meowm darn near passed out when she saw your baby picture.