Wednesday 10 March 2010

IT'S COOOOOLD OUT HERE!! LET ME IN!!



You see this picture? That is me begging to be let in the house after Mom so thoughtlessly took me from my oh-so-warm tile stove, dressed me (ha! if this little itty-bitty bit of nothing counts as a sweater!) and forced me to go OUTSIDE!! I am not a winter-loving kitty. I am a tropical loving, heat sponge of a kitty - does she not get this?

So there we were outside and she decides that I need to have some grass (I do love grass) so first she takes me to my favorite big Linden tree (favorite in THE SUMMER), but when I try to make a bee-line for the door to the house, she picks me back up, wraps me in her coat and takes me up to our upper garden (about a 100 miles from the door to the house) and just drops me there and says 'chow down Honey!' Chow down Honey?

All I can think about is getting my frozen lovely little lilac toes back onto the warm stove and she is telling me to chow down? So I stood there. And after a couple of seconds she still didn't pick me up so I did what we Siamese do best... I started BAWLING!! (I'm a really good bawler...I can make it sound like someone is sitting on me...I'm really good!!). Finally, she picked me up and carried me closer to the house (about a mile from the door) and told me I had to walk the rest of the way back - THROUGH SNOW!! When I was finally in the house I went straight to the blue tile stove.

Ahhhh!

I think I won't move from this spot until Summer gets here!
Mom! Can you bring me my lunch up here, please?

12 comments:

Karen Jo said...

That grass doesn't look edible at all to me. It's far to brown. Your Mom was just being mean to you. I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to move from the tile stove until summer arrives. I have really thick fur, but I still love to sit by the heater vent when it's cold.

Herman

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

The only words that come to mind, Lautrec, are "cruel and unusual."

Cory said...

Oh my! Do you need us to call the ASPCA for you and report this? There are laws about this kind of stuff...and your paws should never ever be cold.

My Mind's Eye said...

Poor baby...it is hard to think about grass when your toes are cold...then the Mom tries to make you walk 100 miles to the front door up hill in the snow w/o snow boots.
I think you need to have a serious bawling session with her....
Madi and Mom

GonetoTheSnowDogs said...

Was the grass crunchy under your paws?

Woo Woooo
Shiloh, Shelby and their Mom
GonetotheSnowDogs.blogspot.com

Brian's Home Blog said...

Burrrr, glad you got in, that made my whiskers shiver.

Anonymous said...

Oh My FREEZING! That seemed like an awful ordeal you were put through. And so far away too! Geez...But we're happy to see that the last picture you're all toasty warm (again) After that nonsense...your mommy had BETTER had given you your food up there!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

The horrors!!!!!! We can't believe you didn't at least take a swipe at her! Making you go out in that cold and walk in it???? What is this world coming too?

Annie Bear said...

No stinkin' way! This is so unfair! I still remember Mama putting me out in the snow this winter cuz it's my first winter with snow (I'm a California kitty). I meant to put PETA on speedial but forgot. I could've reported your naughty mom, but I'm basically lazy and forgetful. I hope you get all your meals there 'til summer!

In sympathy,
Lucy

Jacqueline said...

You were adorable in that sweater, Lautrec, but what was your Mommy thinking??...It's illegal for cats to be cold; we hope you got extra cuddles and treats when you got to your warm spot...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Amy & the house of cats said...

While you do look cute in your sweater, we have to agree that it is a bit mean of her to take you out in the cold and then drag you 100 miles from the house!! We are only indoors, so we can only imagine the horribleness!

The Crew said...

Oh my Bast...this is terrible treatment!! How would SHE like it if you dressed her in a tiny scrap of cloth, put her on the frozen ground and expected her to eat dead grass?!

Sometimes my Mom buys me a fresh pot of catgrass at the store. I'd happily share some with you.

Tipper