Wednesday 17 August 2011

The Wood's Wednesday - Babysitting

Me, Ellwood - what I am:
Bubble biter.
Deer chaser.
Ball chaser.
Fly catcher.
Bone hider.
Watch dog(ger).
Face licker.
Tail chaser.

Yes, I am all these things, but one thing I have never been is a:
BABY SISTER SITTER...
until last week.

Man! I tell you, this babysitting Ginger job is just that: A JOB!! Whew! Trying to keep this pesky little critter out of trouble and amused is 24-hour, round-the-clock, non-stop work! And does she respect her big brother? Ha! No! I put up with A LOT. Ginger is one feisty little female and with those razor sharp teeth she has, you take your life in your hands when you mess with her.

But sometimes I absolutely must knock her down to size due to her tendency to get just a little too big for her britches.

But the lesson is short and in a blink of the eye, she has me down again, fighting for my dignity.

Geez, is it always going to be like this?

14 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Yes.

Fuzzy Tales said...

And you're doing a fine job of "babysitting," Ellwood. :-D

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Ellwood you are soooo patient!
What a good time you two are having! I love it!

Ginger will calm down one of these days (maybe lol)

Cory said...

Ellwood...my sweet friend...you will soon learn that to be a babysitter is the most honorable role a woofie can take on.

I should know. I too am a babysitter...and a cat herder. And I'm mighty proud.

xoxo Grete

Angel Prancer Pie said...

These young whippersnappers today haf no respect fur their elders.

Eve Edwards said...

Uhmmmm, let us think... YES !!! :-D but comm´n sweetie - those pics give you away - you SOOOOO LOOOOOVE IT :-D Happy "sitting" :-D

Daisy said...

Ellwood, I think you have met your match!

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Ellwood, yoo make such a great big bruvva ~ espeshully since yoo are barely owt of short-pants yoorself! Ginger is VERY lucky indeed! xx

meowmeowmans said...

Uh, we now you probably don't want t hear this, Ellwood, but ... yes.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Hey Ellwood! You might like to ask Thunder over at the OP Pack (Chronicle of Woos) for advice. He sure had his paws full when little Ciara came to live with them!

Woofs,
Tommy

My Mind's Eye said...

Ellwood I'm 100% certain you are not being paid enough for that babysitting job...good grief..you need combat pay to since Ginger likes to play bitey face!!

All kidding aside it looks as if you two are getting on very well and you are an excellent role model for the Gorgeous Ginger.
Hugs Madi

Ellen Whyte said...

MOL, these are the cutest pics! Yes, it's going to be wild party bitey time for months...

Malyss said...

all those pictures make me smile. They seem so happy together!

Cat Lady said...

Sure, she will calm down when she is 4 or 5 !