Thursday 4 August 2011

It's My Birthday!!! (Ellwood's 1st birthday)

Today is my 1st birthday!!
Happy Birthday to meeee!
I am soo excited!! Look at what I got:

A new big ball (partially deflated so that I may better get the bitey on it)...
just call me Ellwood Beckham!

I brought the ball to Mom and put it between her feet then she locked me into what she calls a monkey trap...I could NOT get that ball back and there was NO WAY I was going to let it go...so I was there like this for a LONG time!!

And a new blanket!

I love it - I love to roll around on it and snuggle on it!!
Woo hoo!!

Apparently there is one more present, but since Dad is away right now, Mom said that we have to wait for him to return before I get it. Mom said that she is sure I will like it and that it is very special....I just don't know what it could be!!! Any ideas???? I don't know if I can wait another week for it.
I am not known for being patient!!

I don't have cake, but Mom has also been giving me lots of treats!

P.S. Remember that cool new rope toy I got as part of Paw it Forward? Well, I won't be playing with it for a while...Mom accidentally threw it way up in the air and it got stuck in a tree...we're waiting for a strong wind to knock it out of the branches. Grrrr...I am NOT pleased.

14 comments:

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Happy bonkbonk birthday, Ellwood!!

Fuzzy Tales said...

Happy birthday, Ellwood! We think you'd be thrilled with any present, you're just so happy by nature! :-)

Love the "monkey trap!" Great name for it.

And we have no idea what your special present is...not a woofie sibling??

meowmeowmans said...

Happy birthday, Ellwood! That soccer ball is awesome, dude!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLWOOD!!! Your exuberance over your presents is just delightful!!!

You look genuinely ecstatic!!

Can't wait to hear what you are getting when your Daddy comes home, and I hope a big wind knocks the rope out of the tree for you!

Here is to many, many more HAPPY BIRTHDAYS!!

xoxoxo

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Ellwood! Happy First Birthday! A first birthday is quite a big deal - it means you are not a puppy anymore! And of course we must sing you our favorite birthday song!!

What day is today?
It's Ellwood's Birthday!!
What a day for a Birthday!
Let's all have some treats!!

We hope you have a wonderful, fun, special, treat filled day - and that you don't go too crazy trying to figure out what your special present is!!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Birthday silly boy!

Mr Puddy said...

Happy birthday, Ellwood!!
I hope you have lots of dog biscuit today : )

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Happy Birfday, Ellwood! Our mommy has nefur lost a toy in a tree, but the evul vacuum has stolen sum! Haf a great day!

Eve Edwards said...

Dearest ELLWOOD !!!! It seems just like yesterday you were a lill´ puppy and look at you now!!!! Happy happy happy birthday dear Ellwood.

Oh man.... we cannot wait !!!!! But I would trust your mum on this one: if she says you gonna love it, you ARE gonna love it ;-D

And what is that with your toy way up in a tree??? Did your mum try to teach you some new trick????? :-D
Paws and licks from Kiara and smoochies from Iva

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Ellwood, we are very sorry our birthday greeting is late ~ mom was owt for the day yesterday and she was distraught when she heard she'd missed yoor birthday.

So happy belated birthday to a gorjuss wonderful woofie. We all love yoo tons. And mom loves yoo tons+

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

George The Lad said...

Happy Bark Day Ellwood, fancy mom showing off and chucking your toy in a tree!!!
Could the something special be a brother or sister!!!!
Have a good week
See Yea George xxx

Cory said...

OH my goodness Ellwood...we are so late to your birthday party!

We think it's so cool that you are a whole year old now. We will send our purrs for a big wind to give you that rope toy back.

Happy Day!

Tail wags from Grete
Purrs from all us kitties

CCL Wendy said...

Happy belated 1st Birthday, Elwood! What a lucky boy you are! That's some awesome soccer ball. And I wonder what your surprise from Dad will be?

Here's to many, many healthy and happy years ahead!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen anyone so happy on their birthday!