Wow! Today IS fabulous!! Why? Because we got the 'Life is Good' award from Katnip Lounge!!
So, the way this works is that Mom has to answer the following questions first, then she has to pass this award on to 5 other bloggers. Here we go with the questions:
1. What would your perfect day consist of?
A warm day in the garden with good friends, a soft, gentle breeze and good food...and the cats!!
2. How would you describe yourself if you were an item of clothing?
A v-neck sweater
3. What hobbies are you currently working on?
Other than my blogs (I also have one about doors: thedoorhunter.blogspot.com) which, as you KNOW, take up a lot of time, I am trying to get our garden in order, but the weeds are really putting up a struggle and with this rain we are getting, they are winning so far!! So far!!
4. Walking in the woods in wellies or bare foot on the beach?
Both!! Originally from California, I love the beach and have spent hours and hours barefoot on the beach, but now, I live in the middle of a forest and I often wear my wellies into it looking for mushrooms or other fun things.
5. Have you ever hugged or sang to a tree?
Often. Very often. I don't sing to them, but I do talk to them. I thank them for their strength and for the harmony they bring this world.
6. Growing your own veggies or nipping to the supermarket?
Our soil is quite heavy (clay) so though we try to grow some veggies, not all work too well, so I would say half and half! Half home; half store.
7. Have you found anyone exciting in your family tree?
Yep, a great-great-great(?) grandfather who was vice-president with Abraham Lincoln during his first term.
8. Slap up meal in a posh restaurant or fish ‘n’ chips from the wrapper?
Fish-n-chips, please. With malt vinegar and salt!
9. Which element do you most resonate with, Earth, Air, Fire or Water?
Earth, but I love Fire as well.
10. Do you believe in fairies?
I believe there are angels and other 'helpers' out there. BTW, 'Jezinka', (Tiny's real name) is the Czech name for a kind of fairy that - in children's stories - lives in the woods. Tiny is very much like the definition of one of these fairies...not only does she have green eyes, but if she loves you, she loves you very much, however, if she doesn't like you...watch out!! She has healing powers (I believe) and she is capable of reading my thoughts.
And here are the 5 other bloggers Mom is passing this along to:
Thanks Katnip Lounge for thinking of us! We are glad to have you as our new friends!! Come on over some time and play!! That would be fun...we have a big garden so there would be plenty of room for all 14 of us!! Though it might take us a while to get to know all your names!!